So what are the 10 best travel trailer brands? Here at Top Rated Travel Trailers, one of our goals is to provide you with unbiased information on travel trailers and the companies that make them. Choosing the best travel trailer brands is a tough choice
What we’ve done with this list is look at the most popular manufacturers of travel trailers, look at the models they make, and how well they sell. We also took a look at feedbacks and comments that we have found posted online in forums and other places travel trailer owners hang out.
What Are The Best Travel Trailer Brands This Year?
Airstream -- As a brand, Airstream is all about luxury. Producing some of the most iconic travel trailers ever made, you’ll be hard-pressed to find a more distinctive style of travel trailers. Priced on the high-end of the travel trailer price range, Airstream still manages to provide a tremendous amount of value with numerous amenities and superior craftsmanship. This is the link to the Airstream Forums.
This year, 2019, they have updated their models to have the following upgrades:
- 3-year transferable limited warranty*
- 3 years of Coach-Net roadside assistance
- Hanging wardrobes in all twin bed floorplans
- Fantastic Fan shade in all bedroom fans
- Improved impact-resistant and weatherproof removable material in storage compartments
- A larger bathroom mirror on Flying Cloud 30RB and 30FB bunk
Not only that, they’ve also made some features standard, namely:
- Rearview Camera for Sport, Flying Cloud, International Signature, International Serenity, Globetrotter, Tommy Bahama, and Classic.
- Power Patio Awning for International Signature, International Serenity, Globetrotter, and Tommy Bahama. This feature is already standard for Classic.
- Window Awning Package for International Signature, International Serenity, Globetrotter, and Tommy Bahama. This feature is also already a standard for Classic.
One of the Travel Trailers that they are highly advertising is the Basecamp, which is one of their smallest models. As an update, here are the changes that they did to their 2019 model:
- New Glacier Lake décor palette
- New flooring color in all décors
- Heavy-duty stabilizer jacks
- Updated entry door with next-generation latch and seals
Additionally, they’ve made an all Basecamp-X package, which includes:
- Lift kit -- 3″ of additional clearance
- Goodyear® Wrangler® tires
- Black shadow wheel design
- Raised hitch jack foot pad
- Stainless steel rock guards
- Solar window guards
If you want to know more about their other models and their upgrades, check them out here. You can download their brochure and if you have the time, you can go to your local dealership and see the models for yourself.
2. Grand Design
Grand Design -- This manufacturer have an interesting story. They are a break-off from Keystone. I’ve come across many reviews where Grand Design owners praise the company for a quality product and a great customer service. They have a 3-year limited structural warranty on all of their coaches. They are located in Middlebury, Indiana. This is the link to the Grand Design Forums.
As of late, they haven’t advertised any major changes to their brands, but they still have the great qualities that made them into the great brand that they are. On their site’s brochure page, aside from being able to download brochures for their different brands, you can also contact them with a personalized inquiry. You can state whether you own an RV or not, which Grand Design brand you’re interested in, when are you planning to buy one, your name, where you’re from (they only cater to US and Canada), your email, your preferred contact method (phone call, email, or text message), whether you want a team member to contact you or not, if you want to receive any type of communication from them, and the top 2 brands at which you’re interested to look.
3. Oliver Travel Trailers
Oliver Travel Trailers -- Oliver Travel Trailers are manufactured by Oliver Fiberglass Products (OFP) Company in Hohenwald, Tennessee. Interested in talking to other Oliver travel trailer owners? Visit the Oliver Travel Trailer Forums.
For this brand, the notable changes to their models this year are:
- Norcold refrigerator
- Dometic awning (this change happened because their former awning brand is Horizon, which is owned by Dometic now)
- An upgraded convection microwave from the standard stainless microwave (the brand isn’t specific)
Though these are only a very few changes, from the discussion board found in their site, their customers seemed to be really happy about these upgrades and changes. They really felt like Oliver is listening to them. And in business, making and actually listening to your customers is more important than anything else.
4. Forest River
Forest River -- Founded in 1996 by Peter Liegl, Forest River operates multiple production plants throughout the Midwest and West Coast. They produce travel trailers, pop-up campers, fifth wheels, and many more types of recreational vehicles. Check out the Forest River Forums.
2019 is a great year for Forest River because they got awards from RV News for 5 of their brands. One even won RV of the year from RV Business. Here are their brands and their awards:
- Cedar Creek Hathaway Edition Fifth Wheels: “Best of Show” for 2019 by RV News.
- RIVERSTONE Fifth Wheels: “Best of Show” for 2019 by RV News.
- Wildcat Fifth Wheels and Travel Trailers: “Best of Show” for 2019 by RV News.
- Work and Play Travel Trailers Toy Haulers: “Best of Show” for 2019 by RV Pro. “Best of Show” for 2019 by RV News. It’s also Certified Green.
- Vengeance Touring Edition Fifth Wheels Toy Haulers: RV of the Year for 2019 by RV Business. Top RV Debut for 2019 by RV Business. “Best of Show” for 2019 by RV News.
5. Gulf Stream
Gulf Stream -- Around since 1983, this brand of travel trailers is well-known and recognized in providing outstanding quality and innovation. Looking to speak to existing owners of Gulfstream trailers and RVs? Visit their forums right here.
This year, they have released a new version of their Conquest brand which is the 295SBW. It can sleep 4, it has one slide-out, and it comes in 4 different interior colors namely, Coastal, Seahawk, Mineral, and Night Sky. Its other specifications are:
- Furnace: BTU30000
- Hitch Weight: 1010lbs
- Dry Weight: 6890lbs
- Cargo Weight: 2290lbs
- Fresh Water Capacity: 51 gallons
- Gray Water Capacity: 74 gallons
- Black Water Capacity: 37 gallons
Heartland -- This company is founded in 2003 by Brian Brady and a group of RV industry veterans. Heartland RV is located in Elkhart, Indiana. They make several models of travel trailers that are well-regarded by consumers. Visit the Heartland RV Forums.
2019 has been quite a busy year for Heartland so far. They have released new models for 14 of their model series for their travel trailers alone. Here they are:
- Fuel Toy Hauler Series (3)
- Mallard Series (12)
- North Trail Series (14)
- Pioneer Series (11)
- Pioneer Toy Hauler Series (2)
- Prowler Lynx Series (10)
- Prowler Series (19)
- Prowler Toy Hauler Series (2)
- Sundance Series (11)
- Torque Toy Hauler Series (8)
- Trail Runner Series (10)
- Trail Runner SLE Series (7)
- Trail Runner Toy Hauler Series (2)
- Wilderness Series (11)
If you want to know more, visit this page.
7. Eclipse Recreational Vehicles
Eclipse Recreational Vehicles -- One of the largest producers of toy haulers and travel trailers, Eclipse Recreational Vehicles was founded in 2003. They make over 50 models of travel trailers. Eclipse has no forums for their owners that we could find.
For 2019, Eclipse RV released a new version of their model Attitude, 35GSG. Its key features are:
- Platinum Birch Wood
- 2nd A/C Bedroom
- 13.5K BTU
- Central Vacuum System
- Enclosed Tanks -- Heated
- Extra Cargo -- 3′
- Inverter -- 1800 Watts
- Kicker Stereo System With App Controls
- Ramp Patio Fence
- Rear Screen Wall
- Solar Panel -- 1600 Watt
- Water Heater -10 Gallons DSI/Electric
- 2nd Electric Awning With LED Light
- 6-Point Electric Auto Level
- Frameless Windows
- Centurion Package
- Electric Bed And Dinette
Jayco -- Jayco RV goes back to 1968 when the company was founded by Lloyd J. Bontrager. Jayco blends Old World Amish craftsmanship and innovative technology. It is the nation’s largest family-owned-and-operated RV manufacturer today. To register for their forum, click here.
Jayco’s 2019 lineup did not disappoint. This brand always gives its best shot to provide best quality travel trailers for their customers. Across all of their models released this year, here are the top features and upgrades:
- JaySMART™ safety lighting system
- Larger pass-through storage
- True interior design
- Legless dinettes
- Walk-in shower
- Spartan® K1 Chassis with independent front suspension
- Backlit medicine cabinet and custom-framed mirror
- Full-body paint
- King bed
For more information regarding these, visit this page.
CruiserRV -- CuiserRV is a subsidiary of Thor Industries, the same corporation that owns AirStream and most recently, Jayco. They are located in Howe, Indiana and make several models of travel trailers and travel trailer toy haulers. We could not find a CruiserRV owners forum, but you can try checking out their Facebook page.
This brand has been dubbed as one of the best, but it has a lot of room for improvement. According to some of the RV reviews of their 2019 lineup, after using their newly-bought brand new travel trailer, they already began experiencing and noticing issues. Some amenities were not properly installed, other equipment weren’t working properly, and the tires were called “cheap,” but they also said that the floor plans were comfortable and spacious.
Hopefully, their next year’s lineup would be way better than their lineup this year.
Winnebago -- With a history of well over 50 years, this travel trailer brand is actually more well-known for its motor homes, but they also make an excellent line of travel trailers. We could not find a forum dedicated specifically to owners.
Not much has changed for their models this year except for the fact that they continuously update the level of comfort with the models that they manufacture. They update the sofas, the beds, the chairs, the dinettes, and even the electronics. They do this through seeking the best suppliers for these products, and truthfully, they almost never disappoint.
In addition to the above-mentioned travel trailers brand, we have included additional travel trailer manufacturers below for reference.
It's important to note that with all the brands that you are going to find, you'll also find loyal fans of the brand and also detractors of the brand. Not one brand is perfect. Where one brand excels, another brand may not be so good. We can't stress enough the need for you to research the brands in which you might be interested. Talk to other owners and if you can, visit the models. Ask questions—lots of questions.
When it comes to travel trailer manufacturers, you are going to come across quite a few of them in the industry. Many build multiple types and styles of travel trailers. A few of the larger
Like any other purchase you make, oftentimes you get what you pay for and buying a travel trailer from any manufacturer is no different. The more expensive ones tend to have higher quality materials and features while the less expensive ones use lower quality materials in order to keep the cost down. Do your research prior to choosing a brand and model and you should be just fine.
Below you will find a list of travel trailer manufacturers. They are listed in no particular order.
Travel Trailer Manufacturers
- Coachmen RV: This is a division of Forest River. It builds travel trailers, 5th wheels, toy haulers, and motorhomes.
- Dutchmen RV: Dutchmen produce several widely-recognized brands of recreational vehicles, including Aerolite, Aspen Trail, Coleman, Denali, Kodiak, Razorback, Rubicon, and Voltage.
- Forest River: As far as travel trailer manufacturers go, Forest River does quite a bit both under this brand and some of the other travel trailer brands it owns. It makes travel trailers, 5th wheels, and toy haulers.
- Trillium Travel Trailers: They make fiberglass travel trailers.
- Scamp Travel Trailers: They also make fiberglass travel trailers.
- Keystone RV: Keystone RV is the #1 manufacturer of fifth wheel recreational vehicles in North America. You'll find Keystone RVs available in all types and sizes of towable options. From ultra-lightweight travel trailers that can be towed by the new fuel-efficient crossover vehicles and smaller pickup trucks to luxurious fifth wheels, you can find a Keystone RV that's just right for you.
- Palomino RV: Palomino RV operates as a separate division of Forest River, Inc. and has grown from their humble beginnings in Minnesota to one of the top 5 RV manufacturers in North America, with over 300 dealers representing, selling, and servicing the Palomino Brand.
- Shasta RV: An American icon that is still going strong.
- Starcraft: Makers of the AR-One and several other travel trailers, toy haulers, and fifth wheels.
- T&B: Maker of teardrop travel trailers.